ACOUSTIC ENGINEER (THIS POST HAS NOW BEEN FILLED)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven, self-motivated individual to help us shape the future of this innovative young business and to carve out a career for themselves in architectural/room acoustics.
• Salary: Negotiable
• Where: Wellington, Somerset.
• Period: One year initial contract.
At The Woolly Shepherd we pride ourselves on our alternative approach to the design of acoustic treatment and believe that our customers deserve something a bit different!
As a company, we are dedicated to the provision of high-performance professional products, supported by exemplary levels of customer service delivered within the framework of a sustainable business model.
Due to the considerable growth that we have experienced in the last year or so, we find ourselves in need of a motivated individual to work alongside the Directors, to ensure that we continue to meet our high standards and achieve the level of further growth that we expect to see.
We are looking for someone to take responsibility for the technical guidance that we provide for our potential customers. This will involve dealing with phone and email enquiries and assessing whether our products might be suitable for the customer’s needs.
At the point at which you feel that we can help, you would then be required to arrange a survey (onsite or remote) to assess the customer’s precise needs. This will involve writing a report outlining your findings and recommendations.
As and when recommendations are accepted, you will be required to liaise with and had over to the person who organises workflow, delivery and installation of our products.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Arrange and conduct onsite acoustic surveys.
- Prepare and deliver the resulting acoustic reports and quotations.
- Undertake remote surveys, collating relevant information and using modeling software to produce reports and quotations.
- As and when required assist with the research and development of new and existing services and products.
- Assist with the preparation of installations including co-ordination between all relevant parties.
- Take responsibility for relevant administrative activities such as ensuring customer records are kept up to date.
- Travel as and when necessary to site to assist the installation team.
- Assist where appropriate in the future planning and development of the business.
- Be adaptable to perform other duties to assist with the smooth running of the business.
Essential Abilities, Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
Acoustic qualification (building and architectural acoustics)
Very confident computer user familiar with office applications including email, spreadsheets, word etc.
Flexible in approach
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Confident and self-motivated
Excellent organizational skills
Strong team worker
Attention to detail
Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills
Commitment to company values
Able to work in an environment inhabited by dogs
Valid UK driving license
Familiar with Macs
Familiar with Photoshop or Indesign
Familiar with technical drawing software, such as CAD and/or Sketchup
An understanding of sustainable business practices
If you are interested in applying:
Please send a covering letter and your CV to info@WoollyShepherd.co.uk and please be sure to take a good look at the rest of our website.
Closing date is
No Agencies please