The Woolly Shepherd offers a range of acoustic services to help customers with acoustic reverberation problems. From the intitial enquiry to the remote or site survey, through to installation, we offer you a personal approach from a knowledgeable team; transparent and highly competitive pricings; and a strong track record backed with recommendations from happy customers.
We also offer a Bespoke Product Service, with a range of coloured covers across most products all featuring British wool. Please ask us for more information.
We offer two acoustic survey options, a remote survey and an onsite survey, both of which are predominantly focused on the assessment of reverberation times.
The on-site survey is our preferred option as it gives more reliable results; it is charged according to the time taken for us to travel to you, conduct the survey, analyse your data and produce the resulting report.
Our engineer’s time, travelling to you, undertaking the survey and writing up your report, is charged at £40/hr. In addition to this, we also make a charge for the cost of the engineer’s travel. This will be either 45p/mile for car travel or the price of the tickets etc, if we use public transport.
As we are aware that onsite surveys can seem quite expensive, as an incentive to adopt this route, we will refund 50% of the hourly charge if you go on to place an order with us, based on the recommendations of the survey report.
Please note, our onsite survey is purely an acoustic investigation and we may well still require information from you relating to the construction of your ceiling and walls.
For our remote survey we do not accept any payment for ourselves but we do ask that you make a minimum donation of £25.00 to our chosen charity.
This year, we are supporting the superb work of ‘Chloe’s and Sophie’s Special Ears Fund’ a charity that is very close to our hearts.
Please use this new link your make your donation http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/WoollyShepherdSurveys
For remote surveys we require the following details from you:
- Length and width, in metres, of the spaces/rooms you wish to treat.
- Height of walls, in metres, from the floor to eaves/wall plate.
- Highest point of the ceiling, if not flat.
- Construction of walls i.e. solid or cavity, empty or insulated cavity.
- Construction of floor i.e. solid, suspended.
- Construction of ceiling i.e. frame or solid (masonry).
- Surface finishes of the floor, walls and ceiling.
- Total glazing – please list windows/glazed doors, with dimensions and glazing type (single/double), and any heavy duty glazed walls/facades.
- Presence of any significant soft furnishings such as sofas etc
- Presence of any unusual features such as large open fire places, alcoves, overhangs etc, not obviously visible in your photographs.
- Please provide us with four photographs taken with your back to each room corner, facing toward the diagonally opposing corner. If your ceiling is particularly high, please take a second set of four, angling the camera upwards, or in portrait, to include the higher parts of the ceiling.
- Any measured reverberation data that you have from an acoustic report, where someone has measured the reverberation with a sound meter.
- The main activities that the space will be used for.
- How would you describe the current problem (what made you seek help)?
- Please indicate on a scale of 1 – 10, 10 being very important, 1 being not important at all, as to how important speech intelligibility/clarity is to you.
- Full contact details including telephone numbersfor future/ongoing correspondence.
- Details of the person/organization you wish the report and quotation to be addressed to (this must include a full postal address for delivery/installation costs)
- Are there any of our products that you would specifically like us to quote for? e.g. clouds, stone circles, rectangles or ellipses.
- Please indicate whether you would like us to install the products for you, or whether you intend to make your own arrangements. (Full instructions are provided in writing and via video.)
Please note if you send plans to show layouts, these must be annotated with the actual dimensions as requested above. This is a free service based on the information above being provided. We are not offering to calculate dimensions from plans.
We appreciate that this may seem a lot of information to request from you, but in order to produce an accurate remote assessment, it is vital that we know as much as possible about the space in question.
For product details please see http://woollyshepherd.co.uk/our-products/
For pictures of installations, please see http://www.woollyshepherd.co.uk/gallery/
We offer either a DIY option or a full installation service, whereby we deliver and fit your acoustic products and take readings afterwards to make sure we have achieved the absorption levels stated. We will liaise with you before installation with regard to access, parking, opening hours and any special requirements. We usually work in a team of two fitters with either a scaffold tower or stepladders depending on the working heights.